0.9.3 - released 2005/08/31
(Click for larger image)
Binary packages for OpenZaurus 3.5.3 or Familiar 0.8.2
For StrongArm-based devices (iPaq 36xx/37xx, Zaurus 5500, etc.)
For XScale-based devices (Zaurus C7x0/8x0, 6000, etc.)
Dagger is a Bible Study application developed for portable devices running Opie. It utilizes the open source Sword library and is compatible with text modules freely available on the Crosswire website.
- Able to have any number of texts open concurrently, including more than one copy of the same text
- Strong's number, morphological cross-referencing
- Keyword searching
- Automatic scrolling of texts, with adjustable scrolling rate
- Able to customize font for easy reading
- Support for foreign language texts
- The current version of Dagger requires Sword v1.5.8. See download links at the right for the Sword package to use.
- The current packages are built for a pre-release version of OpenZaurus v3.5.4. Use the '-force-depends' option if ipkg/Opie Package Manager complains about unsatisfied dependencies.
- Sword texts can be saved anywhere on your device (such as a SD or CF card). Download the texts from the Crosswire website in the 'raw ZIP' format and then use the unzip command on your device to unpack them where you want.
- The first time you run Dagger, you will need to configure it to find the Sword texts. Go to the 'Edit' menu and select 'Configure' and enter the path where the texts are stored on the first tab. After configuring, close and restart Dagger and your Sword texts should now appear in the Text Open dialog box.
- For foreign language texts (e.g. Greek), try using the Unifont, named qpf-unifont, included in your distribution's feeds.
Current tasks for version 1.0
- Implement footnotes and red text
- Automatic text install
- Fix display sleep prevention
0.9.3 - 2005/08/31
- Fixed support for foreign language texts
0.9.2 - 2005/08/09
- Added support for Sword v1.5.8
- Implemented morph tag cross-referencing
- Fix crash when last module is closed
- Fix display of key when module is opened
0.9.1 - 2004/04/22
- Fixed the disabling of screen blanking
- Implement previous/next page scrolling
- Animate search OWait
0.9.0 - 2004/04/06
- Initial check-in of new application